Sunday, December 16, 2007

Kitten's Birthday

Nearly missed my weekly blog posting because of the Kitten's birthday. I won't mention her age as that would be ungentlemanly but it certainly gives me pause for thought (I think there is a pun in there but I can't be bothered sorting it out)!

The kitten, firstborn, natty chap and I went for a six mile walk this morning before meeting best beloved and old granny in the Castle Tavern for roast Sunday lunch. My legs, lungs and heart survived but as usual I sweated excessively and ended up with a stiff neck. My shoulders begin to ache and then I tense up my neck and bingo! I had to have a hot shower on returning home from walk and pub to avoid the chill.

Old Granny was returned home before we watched "Strictly Come Dancing". Delighted that Alesha is in the final as she should be. It was really tight decision between Matt and Gethin. On the dances on the night I think Matt probably shaved it but think that the five dances required for next week will be a taxing task for Matt. I feel Gethin would have given Alesha more of a challenge in the Final next Saturday.

We then played games in celebration of birthday and had pieces of cake baked by Herself. The cake was very tasty as is Herself. Firstborn and Natty Chap repaired home and the three survivors watched "Cranford". I haven't watched the other episodes like the girls have, but thoroughly enjoyed the quality of the final episode. I don't know the trilogy upon which the series was based and neither did the girls which added to the enjoyment.

We are off Christmas shopping in Chichester tomorrow. Our friend the Cattermoles are coming to tea. Terry is accompanying a school party from where his son, Simon, is headmaster, to the Naval History Museum. Terry's journal when he was an officer in the Royal Navy is an exhibit there and so he is literally a piece of "Living history". Best Beloved is then off to the carol concert at her old primary school where she taught not where she attended.

This week is end of term for my exercise classes and the cardiac rehab Christmas lunch on Thursday. The Bench Club Night on Thursday is the one hour panto, where groups are given an hour in which to improvise a panto from scratch to show to the rest of the company. I missed out on last year's so am looking forward to the fun.

I am also pursuing the video equipment recommended for "Attempts on her Life". I hope to finish Bronte Act 2 and do some more work on my "Hamlet" submission for a Bench production in 2008. Need to complete booking a winter sun holiday. Our canal boat holiday in France is underway, folks.

No comments: