Sunday, February 01, 2009

Ladies of Letters

The new series of "Ladies of Letters" starts broadcasting on Tuesday on ITV3. I am quite excited as one of my previous posts will reveal that I actually appeared in a scene as Gerald for this series. I have set my machine to record to see if I can actually see myself on TV in a dramatic role. I am half expecting to have had the scene I recorded cut as it was just a couple of hours shooting and my bit lasted all of two minutes, which will translate into very small screen time, so don't blink or you will definitely miss me. I had also half expected to have seen the films in the order that I recorded them, which is equally naive. So I still await my big screen début in "Shanghai". I have started sitting nearer the screen in anticipation. I used to sit on the back row under the projection booth but have gradually edged forward. If the scenes have been kept for the film, you should see me descending the steps of the German embassy in Shanghai in the second world war or crossing the dance floor behind Gong Li and John Cusack. I am accompanied on the steps by a tall white haired man, who looks distinctly Gestapo.
I have applied for a photographic shoot in March/April as a model, and for a TV programme pilot, in which I have to be myself and take part in unusual group activities. I will keep you informed, loyal reader, if these events do come to pass.
I have decided to keep my Pompey thoughts in separate postings so that you can skip them if you have no interest in football. I chatted on-line this morning with an ex-pupil from Trosnant, where I taught for 11 years as a young teacher and football manager. He blames me for his interest in football and for the fact that he has spent some years coaching football in the USA and elsewhere. The best beloved and daughters tolerate football rather than understand the passion that seizes their husband and father on occasion.

No comments: