Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Weight

Before Christmas and before I was aware I had a heart problem I weighed 18 stone. One of the reasons, I thought at the time, which explained my breathlessness, was the fact that I was basically unfit and overweight (although technically the term should be obese!). Once I was retired I would be able to pay attention to such matters as diet and exercise without the stress and strain of just getting through the working week.
After the operation and my stay in hospital my weight had fallen to a fairly respectable 16 stone, although my target has to be in the 14 - 15 stone area if I am to be normal for my height and age.
However yesterday the day before I begin my Cardiac rehab programme I weighed myself and was disgusted to find it was now 17 stone. I have put on a stone in a month! I could say this shows my appetite is back to where it was but I was really pleased with my newfound sleeker look.

Alan Ball, 1966 World Cup winner, died of a heart attack - he was aged 61! - yesterday. Just a reminder to keep all concerns and carpings in perspective. Thank you for your work with Pompey, Alan, and I am looking forward to today's announcement in London about the fate of Fratton Park - and presumably some idea of where the new ground is gonna be. Watched the Villa Park game on Sunday and was once again struck by how toothless our attack was. Pompey's defending has improved enormously this season (is the presence of Tony Adams as assistant manager coincidental?) but we need strikers who can score goals.

Man U's defence last night was ramshackle thanks to injury list absentees but Kaka, Ronaldo and Rooney showed enormous quality and skill in the goals they scored to make it an exciting match even for the neutral. What price a boring scoreless draw at Chelsea when they play Liverpool in the first leg of their semi final?

No comments: