Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Great Easter Weekend

To reassure all those lovely people who have expressed concern about my health and sent me good wishes for a speedy recovery, I have had a really enjoyable Easter weekend.

On Good Friday went up to London with Alice and Liam to see John Gabriel Borkman at the Donmar (there is a review in the pipeline).

On Easter Saturday we were visited by the lovely Liles family. I am known to Carys and Morgan as Guppy (Great Uncle Peter). In the evening we went to see Nathan, Alice and Zoe in Dude, Where's My Script, improvisational comedy evening at Havant Arts Centre. I was able to see Vincent Adams as the new compere - strangely enough I had phoned him on January 22nd. while suffering my heart attack, to ask him to take over as compere. He did a fine job.

Easter Saturday was also marked by a terrific victory by Pompey over table leaders Man. United in the Premiership.

Easter Sunday was a blissful day spent in the garden of our friends, the Penroses. We were celebrating their 30th. wedding anniversary. (Ingrid and I celebrate 32 years on August 23rd, just two days before the marriage of our younger daughter, Alice)

Easter Monday was a quiet day at home with Ingrid, who is decorating lounge with only tacit moral support from yours truly - but the day was marred by Pompey's 4-2 collapse against Watford, firmly anchored at the bottom of the premiership.

All of the weekend was linked by lovely sunshine and warmth - remarkable for April but especially for a bank holiday weekend in Britain!

No comments: