Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Continued Thoughts

Saturday 27 January 2007:

7.50 The golden sun appeared and Ingrid phoned. We, on opposite ends of the phone, looked at the sun together and the trails of 3 aircraft crossing the sky and heading south.

To continue with my thoughts on what happens after death... The body returns to the materials from which it was formed. That spark that informed it, that made it unique, the 28 grams (on reading this through with Dad, I mentioned that it was 21 grams and he said that his soul is a bit overweight - K), the dust, joins "the air, the earth and the water", free of human limitations to become part of that to which we all belong. The conscious me with its fears, doubts, worries, anxieties, lusts, greeds and pettiness will no longer exist.

I would like to record the voice for posterity, for my children and their children, if they so wish (to have children, that is). I do not wish for grandchildren, as I believe that is prompted by a selfish desire to have some form of immortality. I am proud of what I have brought into the world in loving union with my beloved Ingrid. I can ask for no more. I leave it to them if they want to be parents themselves in their turn.

I have not been as good to Ingrid as I might have been (I know she will protest but I know better) but I am a wilful character rather than a strong one - I often mistake want for need.

No comments: