Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Seville

I am working on the internet keyboard at my hotel in Seville. The keyboard doesn, like the letter v and is organised differently from my one at home. This restricts my creativity.
Seville is wonderful. We eat a big meal at lunchtime around two or two thirty just before siesta. We spend the evenings touring the tapas bars and drinking wine. The heat here is very hot but dry.
We are in the barrio santa cruz, a warren of streets in higgedly piggedly order. The taxi drier on Tuesday when we arrived had to ask his mates how to get into the barrio to drop us at our hotel, the Petit Palace, which it is and high tech as well.
Today we went to the Alcazar, which is a magnificent mixture of Moorish and Christian architecture. It is mind bogglingly tremendous and the gardens are a haen of peace and repose like nowhere I have ever been before. I would recommend Seville as a romantic destination for any young or not so young couple. Ideal for a honetmoon I would hae thought although probably not in the height of summer. This time of year is just perfect. Tomorrow we go shopping and do the cathedral before lunch and more tapas. Oh bliss.
Lovely to keep in touch with Kitten cross the distance and we love her blog. We are intrigued by Mrs W,s offer of a re enactment job back in the UK. Send it on. Feel so healthy and capable of anything.

No comments: