Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Golden Compass

Taking my cue from the Natty Chap and Alice the Kitten, I went on The Golden Compass website and tried out finding my own daemon. It turned out to be a gibbon by the name of Calista. I am inordinately pleased with myself and with the fact that I managed to download it on to my blog as can be seen below. The Bench did "His Dark Materials" in December 2006 and it was the last major theatrical event before I retired. It has now been made into a film, the first part is called "The Golden Compass" (starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig), and is due for release on December 7th, whether this is US or UK , I don't know. The trailer on the website is great and is narrated by Jim Carter, who also plays John Faa, the character I played in the stage production - how cool is that!
I am appearing in Supernova this week, researching the early days of photography for "The Wild Duck" and rehearsing "Measure for Measure". I am also learning the rudiments of Spanish so I can go on holiday next week and introduce myself. Buenos dias, me llamo Senor Pedro Corrigan. Tengo dos ninos, Zoe and Alice. Mi hermano es Andrew Corrigan and mi mujer es Ingrid. Me pone un cafe, por favor. (Hello, I am Mr Peter Corrigan. I have two children, Zoe and Alice. My brother is Andrew Corrigan - told you, you'd get a mention, bro - and my wife is Ingrid. I'll have a black coffee, please.)

2 comments:

Trevor Hare said...

If you are still researching the early days of photography (for Wild Duck) it may be interesting to watch this.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/photography/genius/programmes.shtml

The first programme goes out on 29th October. (Although there is no mention of Nicéphore Niépce which is a bit odd.)

Trevor Hare said...

Correction. The first programme goes out on 25th October (Thursday) 9PM BBC4. Repeated on 29th October.

My 'insider' got the date wrong first time around. Sorry.