Saturday, June 23, 2007

Health check

I was signed off by the hospital cardiologists yesterday and told that my new arteries should last on average 10 years.
I was x rayed for my lower back problem and the x rays are being sent to my GP for further investigation. I also have to see my GP about my right shoulder problem as it is a separate issue from everything else going on.
I have been excused two lots of tablets - these were for water retention and diuretic purposes but asked to double the rampiril, an ACE inhibitor to widen blood vessels and lower blood vessel. The consultant said, though, that my blood pressure was fantastic.
She also answered, when asked what had caused my condition, that it was just "bad luck". The factors are prevalent in men between 45 and 60 and it is still not clear why some people succumb and others don't.
Smoking is an enormous factor and I am so glad I gave up smoking 30 years ago just before we started having children.

No comments: