Thursday, May 24, 2007

Reading

Saw a couple of examples of this idea recently and it made me smile.

Mother had read so much about the truly terrible effects of alcohol and chocolate that she decided to give up reading.

Sylvain Distin and Mulley Suntari have signed for Pompey which in my opinion is a good thing. Pompey is after Titus Shambles from Newcastle and Mark Viduka from 'Boro - these I do not understand! Admittedly my top choice of Dean Ashton from West Ham is unlikely now that they have avoided relegation. However other names such as Defoe have been mentioned and that is more like it. Another defender from Lyon and a striker from Rennes are also being discussed. I can't comment on these because I have no idea of the French leagues or players but still prefer Premiership experience. Although still think David Nugent is worth a transfer from Preston. Sulky Anelka and Blaster Bellamy wouldn't be shown the door if they turned up either.

1 comment:

Cracked Actor said...

Yes, I was pleased with the news about Distin. I don't know about Muntari.

I was equally bemused by the Bramble rumours. I know he has been considered seriously overrated at the Toon and when I've seen him he could rightfully earn the nickname Titus Shambles. However, given 'Arry's knack for resurrecting players and getting the best out of people, I am willing to reserve judgment until I've seen him play in a blue shirt. Assuming we sign him, of course.