Friday, November 20, 2009

My Left Buttock

I have just had a surprise minor operation this week which threw my plans and those of my friends into a tailspin. Thanks to excellent treatment by NHS staff and good drugs, superlative caring by the Best Beloved, and the support of friends and family, I am making a remarkably speedy recovery back at home with the Wound which will become a Scar. I am slightly shuffling in motion as I accustom myself to actions which are unwise to execute at this stage but which I used to be able to do before the operation. I am hoping however to be able to announce myself recovered enough to take up playing the part of Dr. Prentice in the Bench Theatre production of "What the Butler Saw" for the five performances of the run from next Tuesday. The part has been played brilliantly in my absence by the director, Mark Wakeman. Some may say too well as he and the production received a glowing review in the Portsmouth News. He may not want to give up the roar of the make up and the smell of the crowd.
All of this in the course of three days and the main casualty is not my Wound which will become a Scar but my Left Buttock!

No comments: