Thursday, October 01, 2009

Wayfarers Walk

I have done the section from my house to Emsworth, the start of the Wayfarers Walk, and I have done the section from my house north to Purbrook. Weather permitting I will do the Purbrook to Hambledon next. I don't mind cold and dry weather as I can build up quite a cosy fug walking but don't yet feel I am equipped sufficiently well for walking in the rain. I do have waterproof top and waterproof trousers but feel somewhat claustrophobic and restrained when wearing them. I am looking at a lightweight poncho or cape, which gives all over protection without stifling. It lets a current of air under the material without letting the rain through. There is also a product by Rohan, which is a calf length lightweight coat called the Hilltop Walker I think, which does a similar job. You only need to add waterproof trousers if wading through a flood.

The walking is on the back burner because of all my theatrical endeavours and I am certainly missing it on the health and vitality front. Also we are about to embark upon our Autumn Project for the garden. We have an overgrown patch in the south west corner of our garden which we have rather surrendered previously but which we intend to reclaim this autumn. The Best Beloved has some very firm ideas what she wants to do with the patch and, although no gardener, so do I. Once we get back from our London Theatre Week in October the daytime will once again be ours with the occasional rehearsal for "What the Butler Saw" thrown in until performances in November.

I see that other bloggers can add photos so perhaps I should do the same of before and after shots of our Garden Autumn Project and the Wayfarers Walk. Any advice on either will always be gratefully received.

No comments: