Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Ford Focus

I had arranged to exchange my Mondeo for a newer Focus in FEbruary. As chance would have it the date arranged clashed with my operation, so I had to ask Ingrid to collect the new car for me. Ever since it has sat on my drive.

I wasn't allowed to drive it for the first 4 weeks so had to be patient. When this deadline finally passed, imagine my anticipation as I approached the stationary car. Unfortunately neither the auto remote worked nor would any of the keys turn in the lock. I contacted the dealer and they have checked the keys, which are okay. They cannot understand how the situation could have arrived as it is not one they have encountered before. They did comment that at least the security of the ford focus was not at issue.

Another suggestion was to call out the AA/RAC to see if they could gain access or even transport the car back to the dealer in Chichester.

If anyone reading this has any suggestions to make on gaining entry to a thoroughly locked Ford Focus, I would appreciate the help.

No comments: