Friday, August 04, 2006

Vacation Time

I was really worried that I had forgotten how to gain access to my blog as it is so long since I published a post.

It took me a while to remember my password but finally here I am back in print.

I had a lovely time acting in "Art". The cast was great and the director sublime. The support backstage was excellent and Ruth was a marvellous dresser.

Audience figures weren't great but that could be accounted for by the heatwave. In a couple of the performances I truly felt I was going to expire in a flood of my own perspiration.

I remembered all my lines during most of the performances with one or two minor glitches and that felt like a real achievement, especially as the play coincided with the end of term.

Term has been finished for about two weeks now but I have been in school for seven of the working days preparing my classroom and planning for my final term as a teacher before retiring at Christmas. Today is day ten but I am not going into school as I am preparing to fly off to Itally for a fortnight and boy am I looking forward to it! So, arrivederci, for now, most patient and loyal of readers and bene venuto Roma.

No comments: