Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Annual Service

The Best Beloved got her drive and path cleared. We did in fact test drive both cars today despite the pretty poor condition of the hill in our Grove. It appears I am booked in for the annual service of our Focus tomorrow morning at 0830 in Chichester. It was a simple and telling answer to my simple query about why we had to clear the drive!

I also walked up to the nearest Homebase and bought a few bird feeders for the garden. Instantly we were visited by our robin and a tit, so making my expedition worthwhile almost immediately. I would like to do my bit for the local wildlife and was prompted by a snippet on television last night. I think our robin lives in the large fir tree at the bottom of our garden - in fact I think you could do an entire wildlife programme based just on that tree. Apparently robins will forego their territoriality in these dreadful winter circumstances, which shows other species are prompted to acts of goodwill to others when there is snow on the ground.

Pompey are play away at Coventry tonight and I wish them well but don't mind if they lose as they can then concentrate on Premier League survival. I shall be supporting them at the home game against Birmingham on Saturday. I am in support of the protests as they seem to have rattled the ownership and top management.

I am now researching short stories to find material for the adult Tale Tellers at the Southdowns Literary Festival. We each plan to do a 20 minute story in a 45 minute session. It will be interesting to work out the technique for starting (and finishing) a storytelling session with adults - we are quite expert now when working with children.

Quote from Albert Camus I like: "Don't walk in front of me as I may not follow; Don't walk behind me as I may not lead: Walk beside me and be my friend."

No comments: