Thursday, August 23, 2007

32 today

It is the 32nd wedding anniversary of Best Beloved and I this very day.

I am reassured by something she said when we were working together on my newly revamped study/bedroom. It was my study but is now a study/bedroom - the bed arrives tomorrow and my brother arrives on Sunday to inaugurate the study/bedroom.

She said, "I don't like leaving a job unfinished." As she has spent 32 years trying to smooth my rough edges and hasn't succeeded yet, I am taking that as a commitment to another 32 years.

Another aspect of the Saturday Guardian I love (see previous postings) is "Wyse Words" by Pascal Wyse, in which strange definitions are applied to strange words. The following was gleefully brought to my attention by the Best Beloved. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions as to why she thought it was hilarious, or of pertinence to yours truly.

Saturday Guardian August 18 2007

"Nerrwinnies: People who believe that, when faced with a point in an argument that completely destroys their position and drowns them in a vat of their own wrongness, they somehow still come out victorious if they just repeat the clinching idea back to their opponent in a silly voice, waggling their head."

My favourite response to clever arguments is "SHUT IT."

No comments: